An integrated, easy-to-deploy development environment for building, debugging and testing Docker apps on a Windows PC. Docker for Windows is a native Windows app deeply integrated with Hyper-V virtualization, networking and file system, making it the fastest and most reliable Docker environment for Windows.
Win 10 OS: Base machine must have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition or Creators Update (Professional or Enterprise). Following PS will automatically detect the OS version and configure Docker accordingly.
After installation Docker for Windows defaults to running Linux containers. Switch to Windows containers using either the Docker tray-menu or by running the following command in a PowerShell prompt
& $Env:ProgramFiles\Docker\Docker\DockerCli.exe -SwitchDaemon
Following PS will give you the installed version
Will discuss more about containers in upcoming posts.
Please do let me know your thoughts/ suggestions/ question in disqus section.
- My First Docker Container
- Docker Definitions and Taxonomy
- Docker Overview
- Container - It’s all about Application
About Ajeet Chouksey
- VSTS Extension - SOAP UI Test
- Design VM Scale Sets - 1
- Include Pester Test as part of VSTS Build
- Design solutions using virtual machines - 2
- Design solutions using virtual machines - 1
- IaC Unit Test using Pester Test
- People, Process, Product - DevOps - SonarQube Tool Assessment- 2
- People, Process, Product - DevOps - SonarQube Tool Assessment- 1